Saturday, February 18, 2017

All Quiet on the Eastern Front



This week we celebrated Valentine's Day with chocolate-covered cranberries that we ate during intermission at the Ballet. 

Much to my enchantment I found one stuck to my face when we arrived home.







In other news, I had a lovely chat with the very talented Michael Lloyd - the man behind the Dirty Dancing soundtrack album. 


 We discussed music for Midnight Swing and how it's just as much a character as all the other roles.

We want a musical arc that's sexy, sizzling and vibrant up front ... and ending with more of a gritty, bluesy feel to mirror what the characters go through in the story.




Can I just say how giddy I am with this idea?










I can't let this opp go by without a shout-out to my producing partner for Midnight Swing, Ms. Laurie Ashbourne Sacks, for being selected as one of eight filmmakers for Stage 32's European Co-production Matchmaking Program. I'm over the moon about this and will be watching, following and posting news as it trickles in!

Other notables among friends include Nolan Gerard Funk in an outstanding portrayal of a motherless would-be killer on ABC's Quantico and upcoming recurring guest role on Counterpart (Starz).

And in a surprise stumbling-upon moment we discovered that our friend Micky Shiloah (HBO's West World) will be making an appearance in Ohio ... on screen at a film festival in Marietta, Ohio (a most picturesque river town). 

And what are Neal and I doing?

We are contemplating really important life decisions ... like whether or not to get new carpeting.

And Neal is in the studio bellowing out whimsical lyrics 
over
and over
and over
and over
again ...
and I'm in the next room over so forgive me 
if I start typing words like "Neptune Head" in this blog entry. 



1 comment: